Friday, March 27, 2015


  Welcome to the:  FISKAFRIENDS - THE POWER OF COMMUNITY BLOG HOP 2015


To find out about our Fiskafriend community you may like this read, if you haven't already found on one of our other blogs,  
 I'm Fiskateer #5612!  I'm so excited that you came for a visit!

For rules of the blog hop be sure to go here, if you haven't already:       http://fiskafriends.blogspot.com

Here's a list of the blogs:  I am the end of the bunny trail :) You should have visited all the other members blogs AND came here from Tracy Moloney's .  I don't want for you to miss out on anything.

  1. Jean Bullock, #8889,  http://ez3dpopups.blogspot.com 
  2. Susan Slomski, #6150,  http://sueinct.blogspot.com 
  3. Cindy deRosier, #4113, http://www.cindyderosier.com
  4. Tifany DeGough, #5942, http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com 
  5. Cheryl Waters, #002, http://blog.artsyfindings.com
  6. Jean Marmo, #7358, http://pagesintime.blogspot.com/
  7. Teresa Godines #6857 http://purplebunnypapercrafts.blogspot.com/
  8. Michelle O'Driscoll #7586 http://scrapbookingsos.blogspot.ca/
  9. Nancy Carroll  #11488  http://nancecarroll.blogspot.com
  10. Maya Oren-Dahan #351  http://mayadahan.blogspot.com
  11. Amy Martin Jones #8546 http://thetigershaven.blogspot.com/
  12. Karen Poirier-Brode (Ladydoc) #2858 http://www.karenscorneroftheweb.blogspot.com
  13. Tanya Napier #5407  http://mamabirdy-happinessishomemade.blogspot.com/
  14. Pamela Haskin #8040 www.cottagebelow.com
  15. Stasia Sloma #9314 http://www.stampzone.blogspot.com
  16. Tracy Moloney  #6773 http://tracyscraftyadventures.blogspot.com.au/
  17. Kim Chenez #5612  *YOU ARE HERE FROM TRACY MOLONEY ;)
One of the things that I really love to do .... craft... paper craft specifically. Even as a kid I loved the paper dolls. Remember those? My dad worked at a local paper mill so there was always a supply of cardboard. (tag board) I'd sit for hours and cut, glue, color.  The paper dolls had to have a home right?  oh, and I used to love doing the paint pages.  Remember those?  They looked like a coloring book but the images were filled in with small colored dots.  You "painted" with water and the image magically became colored!  I remember my mother always bought me one of these books right around Spring/Easter time. The 70's were good times! (yes I'm showing my age LOL)

Now it's not about the paper dolls or the water colored pages.  It's about making cards, a little of scrapbooking and paper crafts. Things that can make someone else smile.  I LOVE 3D projects. I need to share a project that I did this week. Snapdragon Snippets, 3d button joint rabbit. I found it on the silhouette design store.
 Heres the link  
http://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/?page=view-shape&id=76506 . 
I cannot believe how easy he was to put together!  

Snapdragon Snippets also offers detailed instructions on how to put him together.
  Which you can find here:
  http://needlesnknowledge.blogspot.com/2015/03/rabbit-3d-button-jointed-figure-assembly.html. 






But here is my little guy: 
 Really?  Isn't he cute?  He's put together with buttons, ribbons and glue and he's poseable!  He will sit up by himself, on any shelf, bookcase, ledge or even on a box.  (I used a fruit crate that I also created from the store, here, to sit him on for the time being)  I LOVE SNAPDRAGON SNIPPETS designs.  This little guy comes in two files.  Usually this file is $1.99 but he's on sale this week for $1.49.  Thats less than $3!  

He didn't take very long to cut, fold and assemble either. A couple of hours and he was completed.  There is a couple of things that I found that the instructions didn't explain well which took me a few brain blocked moments to figure it out.  The picture on the instructions had me baffled for a second.  

The biggest thing is the button joints. Which is also probably the hardest. I used a piece of wire and made my own threading needle to capture the ribbon through the buttons and push through the body.  It just made the threading that much easier and less time consuming.  And... I didn't have anything else to use to push the ribbon through to the other side.   Each side of the joint has a button holding it in place, and your ribbon gets tied off.  The upper leg portion is designed to have a hole for easy assembly, and then it is covered by a cardstock piece.  Which is a great idea.  But when assembling, what the instructions don't share, is that when you assemble your legs, be sure to put the "hidden hole" facing inward against the body so that it is not visible. Also, there is a button on either side of the joint, but only one side is "tied off" in a bow with the ribbon, the other is lays flat and the ribbon feeds in/out of each hole back into the body to be joined by the second button (hope that this makes sense).  So be sure that the button that gets tied off is on the outside of the bunny's body.  (hole inward toward the body and the button tie lays to the outer body) 

Instructions also give you an option that you can fill his torso with beans or something, to weigh him down.  But I found that I really didn't need to bother.  He sits up nice without.   

The Silhouette store and Dragon Snippets website also has a 3D carrot that you can purchase should you want for your bunny to hold something.  I haven't purchased the file yet.  So for right now Mr Bunny is just hanging out. 

If you would like to be eligible for the sponsor giveaway drawing, START at the Fiskafriends blog:
http://fiskafriends.blogspot.com and follow the instructions there. If you have already done that, I would love for you to leave a comment here with me :)

**UPDATE** I just have to add something real quick.  I just finished the blog hop, in a little shy of 45 minutes.  There is so much creative inspiration on the trail tonight!!  I hope that when you have gotten to my blog, you followed the trail correctly and didn't miss a blog.  I was, am and always will be a proud Fiskateer.  The friends that I have made along the way have been amazing. I'm blessed to have found the new community.  If you are a fiskateer and haven't found the new community yet~ please join the gang!

                                        Happy First Year Anniversary Fiskafriends...
Again, thank you to all of YOU who took the time to celebrate with us. I hope that you have found some new projects and inspiration! Thank you to Snap Dragon,  you're 3d designs can make my cameo humm, and people smile! 

May you and your families have a wonderful Easter Holiday.

God Bless, 
Kim #5612.  

Kim W.



  
 

77 comments:

  1. Kim, you know how I love you! This is so adorable there aren't words to describe how cute it is! I'm so glad you're participating. Rhonda I'm posting as RassleBerryRose as it won't let me post as Rhonda. Some blogs are doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I love you too!! He's from the same company who made our scarecrow mantle sitters. I knew that you'd like him :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Tona! So glad that you stopped in ;)

      Delete
  3. What a neat bunny! I have never seen a project like yours, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. He was a lot of fun to put together.

      Delete
  4. Now that is a rabbit! It really came out awesome. Thanks for sharing and being a part of the hop. Great job! Fun Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the hop. Theres so much love and talent in the fiskafriends isn't there?

      Delete
  5. Wow! How cool is that? I really love your 3D bunny! I've never seen anything like this! I don't have an electric cutter but if I did, I would love to make this! Thank you for sharing in this fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. I'm amazed that he only took me a couple of hours to cut and put together. Snapdragon really has some cute files

      Delete
  6. this is such a creative project - thanks for sharing and being part of the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming and taking a peek. It was a lot of fun doing this hop

      Delete
  7. so creative!! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Kim! That bunny is awesome, I can't believe it is poseable! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, I can't take the credit for the creativity on this little guy. Snapdragon and the cameo did all the work ;) Thanks for stopping by for the visit. Glad that you enjoyed him.

      Delete
  9. Very cute. I assume you need an electronic cutter? I am handy with the scissors tho! lol Thanks for sharing!
    Janelle R

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - that is one crafty project! super cute !

    patty 2832

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Patty. I hope that you enjoyed the hop

      Delete
  11. He's awesome! You should name him. :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Vicky~ I did think of a couple of names but he went with me to work. The co-workers loved him so much that he was raffled off. The mother of a cute 5 year old little girl won it to put next to her easter basket . I'm sure that he'll love his new home

      Delete
  12. Wow that is some kind of bunny. I thought my little Olfa I make for the frig was a task. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. A little olaf would be so cute.

      Delete
  13. Oh, my goodness, this is cute as can be. I love it. Great job on this and thanks for all the tips on making the project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean... making another for a co worker today :) Chocolate brown. Can't wait to see how he'll turn out.

      Delete
  14. Oh My!!! This is an awesome project. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. He is freaking awesome! I'd want to leave him up all year long. Been really looking into the Silhouette thing-now I want one even more. Good to get a chance to visit again. Be happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth thanks for stopping. The cameo is one of the best investments that we (or anyone in my scrapping circle) has made. Sometimes theres good sales on them too :)

      Delete
  16. Kim, I love your rabbit! He is so cute! I would leave him out all the time. Also a proud Fiskateer - #8040.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam~ thanks so much for doing the hop. If I had a space for him I think that I'd consider leaving him up too :)

      Delete
  17. Super cute, Kim! Love this little guy! 3d projects are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That Bunny is totally amazing what a unique and great talent you have. I too am a paper lover from way back....Thanks for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn. I have to say not much talent goes into this bunny LOL. SnapDragon Snippets makes creating golden ;)

      Delete
  19. I have never seen anything like your bunny! I can only imagine the patience it must take to make something so unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. I was real worried when I started it but it went together like a dream. SnapDragon does great files

      Delete
  20. So neat. He is so unique and awesome. I love 3D projects. You did a wonderful job on your bunny. Thanks so much for being apart of the hop and inspiring others. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, THANK YOU for coming to the blog hop. Hope that you found a ton of inspiration. Thanks for the sweet bunny words :)

      Delete
  21. Bunny looks great. It makes a perfect gift for kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think that he'd be cute sitting in an easter basket :)

      Delete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW - your bunny is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS Kim!!!
    LOVE the detail & dimension, SO COOL that he is posable too!!!
    I haven't made many 3D project, mostly limited to paper flower arrangements or gift packaging, hoping to get a Silhouette one day and try some cool projects like your bunny.
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION, top tips and for being part of the Blog Hop :)

    Wishing you a HAPPY Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - I now follow your blog :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Tracy. When your day comes for an electronic cutter~ contact me. I've made a list of some great sites to go to :)

      Delete
  24. Oh my gosh, he is too cute!! Happy Easter to you and yours as well! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great and adorable 3D Bunny! I too remember those paint with water books! I couldn't believe my mom actually found some for my kiddos! New follower too! Michelle #7586 PS:fellow blogger from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I used to love those paint book. When I used to get them, they'd come with a card board brush, hated them. My dad always would be sure that I had a regular bristled brush. life was easier ;0) I'll have to check out your blog! Thanks for stopping by on the hop.

      Delete
  26. WOW- love it! What a great end to an absolutely fantastic Hop! I'm blown away by all the talent and creativity. Thanks for finishing us off so strongly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was blown away by the blogs too. And why should we have been? We're fiskateers lol

      Delete
  27. He is amazing! This was a wonderful hop and I'm a little sad that I'm at the end. Going to go around again and peruse more creative inspiration. Thank you so much! Lesa #5200

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. When I did the hop from beginning to here, I felt a little sad that it was over too. I think that everyone had fun with it and did a great job ;)

      Delete
  28. Replies
    1. Laura, he is pretty big. He's 23" from the tip of the ear to his feet, if he stood up straight. He's a great size for a mantle or center piece

      Delete
  29. Happy FiskaFriend Birthday to you! He sure is adorable. Great job at putting him together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving a comment. So happy to see that he was enjoyed by so many and not just me :)

      Delete
  30. That project is sooooooooo cool.
    Susan Allen #2072

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. I'm so glad that he made so many smile!

      Delete
  31. Great job on your new friend! And for leaving us Hoppers with a super cute project to finish with.

    Tanya #5407

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MamaBridy, thank you! I'm so glad that so many enjoyed him. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  32. holy hopping jack rabbit. crazy. great project! Thanks for finishing up and awesome hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment~ and joining us on the hop. It was great to be able to hop around and see everyones projects. Glad that you had fun

      Delete
  33. Cute project. Thanks for being part of the hop. I just went through looking for posts I had not commented on because I looked at some projects last night and was too tired to write anything. Definitely had to come back and comment. This was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen thank you for being part of the hop. Your cards were so cute! I loved the one with the lacey butterfly. Thanks for coming back and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  34. Cute bunny! And yes there was lots of wonderful inspiration on the blog hop.
    Elaine#7777

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you were able to drop on by. Glad that you had some fun :)

      Delete
  35. what a clever bunny---it looks like it took a L O N G time to put together...thanks for sharing Fiskafriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost count after 6 hours of cutting, and figuring it all out. But it was the first time, which always takes more time. It was so worth it.

      Delete
  36. Very CREATIVE & C U T E 'Lil Bunny!!!! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Thank you for coming to the hop. I hope that you found a lot of inspiration on the trail

      Delete
  37. What fun inspiration! I love that bunny. Too much fun!

    ReplyDelete